At Horizon, we believe involvement of family members and loved ones plays a significant role in one’s recovery. We also understand that navigating how to support a loved one in recovery can be a challenging journey.
A great way to find comfort during difficult times is through a support group. Run by Horizon’s Parent and Family Support Coordinator, Colleen Babcock, our Parent and Family Support Group offers an image of hope and a place to be heard and understood.
What you can expect from Horizon’s Parent and Family Support Group:
- An opportunity to share your story.
- A place to listen to others’ experiences and learn from them.
- Education and resources about substance use and different levels of care.
- A welcoming environment that provides feelings of hope and encouragement.
What are the benefits of joining our support group?
- It offers you a sense of empowerment and control.
- Helps lessen your feelings of loneliness.
- Improves your skills and knowledge in navigating recovery.
- Offers a safe space for you to talk about questions and feelings.
Support group details:
- The support group meets every 2 weeks via Zoom.
- Loved ones and family members can attend as many or as few meetings as needed; it is completely tailored to your individual needs.
- The support group meets you where you are at, whether you are just starting your recovery journey or have been on your journey for years.
Below, group members share their experiences with the Parent and Family Support Group:
“I have been attending for five years. I continue to do so to get feedback and support on the issues with my son. Validation that I’m not alone gives me hope. Colleen is a wealth of knowledge and I value her opinion and experience greatly. She is one in a million.”
“Addiction is, as the AA Big Book says, ‘cunning, baffling and powerful.’ The complexity of the disease and the devastation it causes requires, in my opinion, knowledge AND support for all those affected. This Family Support Group provides both. It has helped me to navigate this ongoing journey with my son and it also allows me to give back – to share what I have learned and experienced – to hopefully help someone else.”
– Jane K.
We recognize that recovery is different for everyone and every family. If you’re interested in joining or learning more about Horizon’s Parent and Family Support Group, contact Colleen Babcock at 716-907-2985 or via email.