If you think you might have a drug problem, or if you think someone you know might have a drug problem, answer the questions below.
DRUG ASSESSMENT SCREENING TEST
- Have you used drugs other than those required for medical reasons?
- Have you abused prescription drugs?
- Do you abuse more than one drug at a time?
- Can you get through the week without using drugs?
- Are you always able to stop using drugs when you want to?
- Have you had “blackouts” or “flashbacks” as a result of drug use?
- Do you ever feel bad or guilty about your drug use?
- Does your spouse (parents) complain about your involvement with drugs?
- Have drugs created problems between you and your spouse or between you and your parents?
- Have you lost friends because of your drug use?
- Have you neglected your family because of drug abuse?
- Have you been in trouble at work because of drug abuse?
- Have you lost a job because of drug abuse?
- Have you gotten into fights when under the influence of drugs?
- Have you engaged in illegal activities to obtain drugs?
- Have you been arrested for possession of illegal drugs?
- Have you ever experienced withdrawal symptoms (felt sick) when you stopped taking drugs?
- Have you had medical problems as a result of your drug use (e.g. memory loss; hepatitis; convulsions; bleeding, etc.)
- Have you ever gone to anyone for help with a drug problem?
- Have you been involved in a treatment program specifically related to drug use?
If you answered “Yes” to any question, it may be time to seek professional help. Just give our friendly staff a call today at (716) 831-1800. We will be happy to discuss your needs with you in a confidential manner. Horizon Health has many convenient locations for substance abuse treatment in Western New York.